Anticipated since early October, at last Saturday, December 5th, is here! Time to Celebrate the Magic—the Magic of the Season, the Magic of Art!
Long before you arrive at 1110 East Thirteenth Street, you will see Hyde House atop a gentle rise—home to artCentral—sparkling and glowing in this magical season. Outside, porch bannisters are festooned with garlands and wreaths of red-bowed greenery. Inside, the Christmas tree shines and glitters among the galleries filled with beautiful, pocket-friendly, magical art that will delight your eyes and cause your heart to sing. You can easily check off all the names on your gift list with one stop shopping. There is something here for everyone!
· INA NIDAY & MARY DATUM | 2 FRIENDS | Oil Paintings serenely rendered lovely landscapes, exquisite florals, luscious fruits and vegetables, adoring puppies and much more with a collection of hand-painted vintage tin ornaments and fine arts notecards, too.
· SMALL WORKS | GREAT WONDERS SILENT AUCTION FUNDRAISER: Original 5x7 canvases created and donated by 47 artCentral artists to benefit artCentral’s Fund for Art and Artists. This diverse collection celebrates the imagination and photographic memories, the beauty and passion of nature, abstracts and still lifes, as well.
A few fundraising Scarlet Amaryllis ($20.00 each) are still available for purchase in beautiful porcelain planters.
You have four ways to join in the fun and the excitement:
- Shop online anytime! All the art is available for viewing in the comfort of your home or office and, of course, on your digital device when you have a few extra minutes to spend. Visit artCentral’s website at www.artcentralcarthage.org and look for Ina’s and Mary’s exhibition and Small Works Auction under the Events drop-down; or check out both the Exhibition and Auction albums under Photos on artCentral’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ArtcentralCarthage/photos/?ref=page_internal.
- Shop during Gallery Hours: Friday and Saturday, December 4 and 5, 12:00-5:00 p.m., as artCentral participates in the citywide Christmas Open House sponsored by the Carthage Chamber of Commerce.
- 5:00-8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 5 – Join the LIVE virtual Closing Celebrations hosted at Hyde House by Alice Lynn and David Greenwood-Mathé, Jason Shelfer and Wendi Douglas on https://www.facebook.com/ArtcentralCarthage. You will be able to view all the art in real time, make purchases and place your winning bids. For more information call (417) 358-4404.
- 5:00-8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 5 – Pop into Hyde House—artCentral’s home and certified ArtSafe Space where CDC protocols are practiced—face masks, social distancing and sign in. A maximum of ten people will be allowed in the artCentral galleries at any one time. You will be able to view all the art up-close and personal in real time, make purchases and place your winning bids on the charming Silent Auction canvases. For more information call (417) 358-4404.
Coming and going to Hyde House you will discover artistic magic can be found all through our magical hometown—framed by windows of houses glowing brightly lit from within at twilight, in front yard displays scattered over lawns, with the colorful decorations draped across quite streets, at the animated displays in the Way of Salvation drive-through, up high and all around beaming from the peace star above the courthouse and the strands of lights stretching out.
New this year and especially exciting are the delightful decorations around our historic downtown square where Vision Carthage, supported by a grant from the Helen S. Boylan Foundation, has conjured a tunnel of light and storybook storefronts of winter wonderland whimsy to delight our eyes and raise our spirits. A cadre of energetic artists including one of artCentral’s two newest board members, Alexandra Burnside, has been seen out-on-the-town at all hours, working on sunny days and chilly ones, too. Alexandra with her gang of guerrilla window painters (Sarah Huntley, Tom Jones and Madelyn Scott) have been pounding the pavements and plying their brushes to turn all the windows around the square into a magical snowy village! WANTED: Applause for their terrific gifts!!!!
Yes, now is the time to Celebrate the Magic—the Magic of the Season, the Magic of Art! When you begin and end with artCentral at Hyde House, your heart will open to find magic everywhere you look!